Friday 8 February 2013

Stuff that's been happening

It's taken me over three weeks to get back here. Life keeps on getting in the way. This new blog is going to be irregular at best so bear with me. I just had to look up if it was bear or bare. I thought "bear" sounded odd but "bare" sounded even worse. Note to self: don't use such phrases in future. 
 
Following on from my last post, it seems the electrician did something right when he came out as we've not had any problems with our laundry since. Until the next problem that is! So no, I haven't called the tribunal and we haven't made any plans to flee the house before it turns in on us. I don't really want to move until we're ready to do so.

A week or so after my near-death laundry experience, I had a baffling allergic reaction to milk which rendered my appearance similar to a pox victim. The rashes appearance was as alarming as it was sudden. My work colleagues looked at me worryingly and sent me off to the GP. I went to the doctor, popped a Zyrtec and in 24 hours it was all gone.  I have just drunk some milk, three weeks after the event and am happy to report I can go back to drinking it. I may just be allergic to work. That's possible, right? 

Next week I'm off to Melbourne on a solo mission for All Tomorrow's Parties. I. Can't. Wait! Except for the public transport shitfight that I know will happen, it's going to be brilliant. My Bloody Valentine! Thee Oh Sees! Einsturzende Neubauten! So many other fantastic bands! I'm contemplating getting a hire car for the second day and exploring bits of Melbourne I wouldn't normally get to, before heading to the festival. But will see how I feel, I suspect Saturday will be a very late night. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I struggle with the bare bear thing too! LOL!
    I know the angst of not wanting to move. It's amazing what you will put up with before going through all that, especially in this shit town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one who finds bare/bear a problem! Haha!

      Yep, we have put up with a lot here. In any other city, with a better rental market and more affordable properties, we wouldn't put up with it. This was only ever meant to be temporary. Four and half years later and we're still here.

      Delete